Tuesday, May 20, 2014

What's in my Hospital Bag and what you really just need *UPDATED* ??

I have packed and repacked this hospital bag starting from 32 weeks of pregnancy. We hid it at the back of the door for easy access when we have to go.

It is a carry on luggage that I use when I go on my 5 day trips. It's the next size to the carry on luggage that flight attendants use.




I don't know how it's going to go down so I packed clothes and things for me and the baby for 5 days.


So the big question: WHAT IS IN THIS HOSPITAL BAG?

Well folks I wanted to take them apart and show it to you bit by bit but I just decided to enumerate the items here instead. Atleast you got the glimpse of how it looks like.


For the Baby: 

1.) 1 small bottle
2.) 3 pieces onesies
3.) 2 pieces sleveless kimono shirts
4.) 2 hooded blankets
5.) 2 swaddling fleece cloth
6.) 1 pack 100's baby wipes
7.) 1 pack NB diaper
8.) baby thermometer
9.) Nasal Aspirator
10.) Baby nail cutter
11.) 12 gauze diapers
12.) Diaper Clips
13.) Petroleum Jelly
14.) Baby Mosquito Lotion
15.) 3 pairs mittens, 3 baby hats
16.) 3 pairs of footsies
17.) One pair of going home socks


For Me:

 1.) 2 button down soft sleveless shirts
2.)  2 dresses
3.) one tank top
4.) 1 pajama bottom
5.) 3 flannel shorts
6.) 6 undies
7.) 3 nursing bras
8.) 1 swim top
9.) 2 pairs of socks
10.) 1 small hair towel
11.) 1 big ass beach towel
12.) Breast Pump
13.) Maternity Pads, Modess 1 Pack
14.) 1 box breast pads
15.) 3 pieces bed pads
16.) toiletry bag with toothbrush, tooth paste, cologne, alcohol, shampoo, conditioner, soap, lotion, breast cream, small hair clamp, 2 hairtie, one sports head band, small comb and tissue.

I also bought paper plates, plastic spoon and fork and paper cups just incase we decide to have a party in the room. LOL

OH AND THAT  HOSPITAL PAPER WORK!:

I  downloaded and pre filled the Philhealth forms CF1 and CF2 the best that I could so there won't be much hassle. I also called the hospital beforehand and spoke to their Philhealth benefits officer about what requirements I need for my particular situation. In my case the problem is the benefits payment. I  switched statuses midway of the  9 months that they needed so I can qualify for the Maternity Benefit.  The situation is my company paid for my benefits from October 2013 to March 2014 and after that I paid as an individual member from April- June 2014. The officer said not to worry, I just need the original certification that my company paid for my Phil health and she asked me to bring my receipt from April to June. They asked for 2 copies of all these requirements to cover me and the baby. I also bought a philhealth ID,  2 valid government  ID's and I brought my birth certificate just incase they will need it.


UPDATES:

So as you already know I am out of the hospital and at home taking care of Taluli. So I thought I packed perfectly but this is what you really just need:

FOR MOM:

1.) Clothes for 4 days (expect the unexpected kid, you never know where your baby takes you, CS or Normal best to over pack rather than not have what you need in this very vulnerable situation)
2.) Maternity Pad (Because you will bleed after you give birth)
3.) Toiletries of your choice knowing you cant take a bath after that gruesome birthing episode ( Because you will want to take a bath but can't and will just have to bathe like a chicken and I wished at that time I had a dry shampoo and more baby and feminine wipes)
4.) Mineral Water(Because it is expensive to buy it within the hospital)
5.) 2 Comfortable Pillows (Because they charge extra 100 or so per pillow like duh)
6.) Your Own comforter (Because it can get really cold and the hospital sheets can be a drag)

PAPERS! PAPERS!

Your Philhealth Requirments: 
a.) MDR from Philhealth,
b.) Your Philhealth ID
2 of the following: 
c.) CF1 form and CF 2 form which you can get from the hospital.
d.) 9 Months worth of Your Employer's Certification of contribution if you are employed and or 9 Months of your Philhealth Payment Receipts if you are individually paying.

Philhealth offers a great deal of discount as high as 20-30% off of my case rate.

For the Birth Certificate Processing:

Cedula's of You and Your Partner if you are not married but would decide to have the dad's last name and or Your Marriage Certificate obviously if your married hehe.

FOR THE BABY:

1.) 4 small bottles*
2.) 3 pieces onesies
3.) 2 pieces sleveless kimono shirts
4.) 4 hooded blankets
5.) 2 fleece blankets
6.) 1 pack 100's baby wipes
7.) 12 gauze diapers8.) Diaper Clip
9.) Petroleum Jelly
10.) 4 pairs mittens, 4 baby hats
11.) 4 pairs of footsies
12.) One pair of going home socks
13.)  Baby bottle Cleaner of your choice*
14.) Baby soap
15.) 1 Gallon Wilkins Mineral water.*
 * These are if you are having a c-section, Particularly my hospital advised my caretakers to buy a formula since Im too grogs to breastfeed so have this ready just incase.

And a smile when you leave.

Have a safe delivery mums!

xoxo












2 comments:

  1. That's a very smart thing to do - pre-filled forms. Looks like someone's ready. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete